Below are the few metrics that can be used to measure the team and program level agile maturity. Remember only every measure 1-2 at a time.
- Ideation to production elapsed time
- agility to innovate
- Cycle time – quickest time to get one feature out
- Release cycle – time to get a release out
- Defects – change in defects
- Productivity – normalized effort to get a unit of functionality “done”
- Stabilization – after code complete, % of a release is spent stabilizing before release
- Customer satisfaction – up or down
- Employee satisfaction – up or down
Other metrics to measure high performance software engineering (extreme programming practices).
- Code coverage
- Build pipeline based metrics.