A great way to to manage a program of work and ensure that each project gets an iteratively better chance of success is to ensure you run a post implementation review after each project. Running it after the success release ensures that all parties are involved and its a complete life cycle.
One of the techniques I have previously used with a client is to:
- Sending out a survey to the audience (contact me if you would like a copy of the survey).
- Analyse the results to aggregate common themes. Ensure that multiple items are represented repeated so that at the audience can see the emphasis/weight on items.
- Run through the results with the audience.
- Aggregate themes during the workshop.
- Pick the top 3 for 5 why’s or fish bone analysis as the key lessons.
- Publishing results (the tone is important).
While all this is happening ensure that you are coaching the team to drive towards the outcomes, remember you are only a facilitator the outcomes will go where the parties want it to go.